The Capital Region is home to so many amazing museums! Museums provide amazing opportunities for learning, exploration, and discovery, and we want every resident to have access to the magic and mysteries found in our regional museums.
Museum passes can be checked out at Albany Public Library neighborhood branches – just stop by with your library card.
Please note that some museums are closed during winter months. Be sure to check museum hours of operation when planning your visit!
Museum Pass Rules:
- Checkout limit: 3 museum passes
- Loan period: 7 days
- No renewals
- Passes must be borrowed and returned at the owning library
- Passes may not be requested through our online catalog
- There is a $35.00 replacement fee for each pass not returned
- There is a $5.00 replacement fee if pass is returned without its case
- Other restrictions apply based on museum policies
Museum Pass Options
APL offers passes to the following museums to any Upper Hudson Library System card holder (Albany and Rensselaer counties):